October 5, 2011

I've made a decision...FINALLY

So remember a long time ago when I asked the question about whether or not I should paint some/all of the wood in my living room? A lot of you weighed in and I really appreciated it. I decided to live in the house for a while as is and really think about what I wanted to do. Well, here we are a little over a year later and I've made a decision. For the record, yes, several of you said I should do this so I'm now officially giving you all the credit. I'm going to paint the built-ins white! I'm not painting the beams, the french doors, the floors, the staircase, etc. only the built-ins and I couldn't be happier about it! Its true, the wood on the built-ins is different from the other wood, the quality isn't the same and it does kind of have a cheap-ness look to it (which is hard to see in pictures). I think it will make that room SO.MUCH.LIGHTER. that I will be amazed. The painters are coming on Saturday and I am giddy to see the result! As with everything I do these days, one project leads to another, so, once the built-ins are painted I think the walls are going to be re-painted. Ay yi yi. For those if you who endured my paint fiasco for that room last year, yes, its true, I'm starting over. BUT, this time, I'm just painting them white. The walls will be a different white than the built-ins to add some contrast but I think the room will be so much airier and brighter which I'm really excited about! So, stay tuned for some before/after shots! It will take some time but they will be coming! Fingers crossed that I'm making a good choice! :) Happy Wednesday! xo

1 comment:

Kemi Winn said...

Great ideas -- I think your goals will be accomplished with this plan. I do like the dark wood beams -- they are part of the charm and character of your home. Being intimately acquainted with your first paint fiasco, I do wish you success in painting the living room and dining room!