November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Line Up

So I know I said in a previous post I didn't want to "over do" it since it was just going to be 4 of us at Thanksgiving this year (and one of those 4 being a 5 year old very picky eater) but as I was making the list of Thanksgiving "must haves" I realized, too bad, we're going to have a lot of food! The one thing I decided to let go of due to time was the goat cheese risotto that I made last week for mi casa. It was SO good and as much as I'd love to eat it again, there just isn't room in my cooking schedule (or my belly) to make it happen. So, with that said, here is the Winn T-Day food line up:

I'm trying Ina Garten's Perfect Roast Turkey for the first time, hope its good!

I'm trying Baked Bree's Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for the first time. I don't have a food mill (yet, hoping to get one at some point) but I'm hoping it won't matter too much.

I'm making pretty standard but oh so delicious sweet potatoes topped with mini marshmallows.

I'm taking Rhodes frozen rolls out of the bag, letting them sit at room temperature all day and baking them. Not from scratch but so tasty!

I must have the very classic and typical green bean casserole, so thats easy enough!

I'm trying Ina Garten's Herb and Sausage Stuffing for the first time, looks good!

I'm also making Ina's gravy, seems easy enough so I hope it is! And I still have Cognac left over from Ina's beef bourguignon! Score, no trip to the drive in liquor store for me! :)

I'm making a creamed corn recipe that I got from my friend Lauren years ago, I make it every year b/c its the nectar of the gods. Its seriously one of my favorite things ever!

I'm trying this cranberry sauce for the first time, and last but not least, a chocolate peanut butter pie! Adam isn't a huge fan of pumpkin and since he's 1/4 of the people who will be eating I figure, I better make something he'd like. I've never tried this recipe before, it was in my food network magazine, fingers crossed it will be delish!

Hope everything turns out, I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and get cookin'!

7 comments:

{hi} said...

It all sounds so yummy! Happy Thanksgiving Winn family! xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Bev
PS I think I would just start with the pie

Kelly said...

I'll take a plate of turkey, mashed tators, ROLLS!, gravy, CREAMED CORN!, cran sauce and PIE!.

The capitalized items are those I'll take two portions of, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that corn is delish! All of it sounds wonderful and the good thing about lots of food but not so many people....LEFTOVERS!
Happy Thanksgiving to my Texas family:)
XXOO
Mom

Katie said...

So who is the fourth lucky individual to be a part of your Thanksgiving? I have a food mill you can borrow! Too bad it'd take too long to get to you...

Jen said...

Oh shoot, did my last comment not post? Oh well, wanted to add that I hope you're feeling better friend.

Lauren said...

I heart creamed corn :). So glad to hear it's become part of the Winn traditional Thanksgiving! Have a great day of family, food and (I'm sure) football!