December 28, 2011

what we've been up to

Sorry for the blog lull, we've been hanging out. My parents were in town for Christmas so that meant lots of cooking, baking, game playing, movie watching, and just being. As usual the visits go by fast and then we're back to a quiet house. Today I had my last photo shoot of the year and now I'm just taking a deep breath, getting ready to gear up for the new year. I have lots of thoughts swirling around my head, I'm hoping to get some time to think and pause a bit in the next few days so I can make some goals and plans for next year (how is it Dec. 28th already?!!).

Remember the cake I posted a few posts back? Well, I made it and it did not disappoint! I also made the peppermint "plate" for it to sit on (did you know that if you placed peppermints on a cookie sheet and baked it for a few minutes they would melt into each other making a pretty plate? Thank you Southern Living magazine!). Anyhoo, the cake isn't hard, just a bit time consuming due to the freezing of the cheesecake layers, etc. so if you want a YUMMY "wow" dessert I would definitely recommend it!

021x

Okay, its almost 11pm here and I'm wiped! I'm off to bed, but I did finally get around to blogging a sweet newborn session so head on over here to see more! xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it certainly did NOT disappoint! It was FABULOUS as was all of Molly's cooking. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas and fun visit. Miss you already!!
XXOO
Mom

Jen said...

That cake is amazing! Sounds yummy too. You are such a good entertainer Mol, I'm glad the time with your parents was good. Always goes too fast huh? Can't wait to hear what you have in the works for 2012.

Carrie said...

That looks AMAZING and how cool that you made your own plate! Awesome. Glad you had a good time with the fam!

Jenny B. said...

Awesome cake plate! I had no idea!

Katie said...

Wow, that looks simply amazing! I am pinning it!

Kelly said...

I've been eying that cake in my aunt's copy of Southern Living since I got here nearly 2 weeks ago! The "plate" in particular made me swoon.