January 9, 2012

ugh...January

This is my 5th January of blogging (man I've been doing this a long time!) and so for those of you who have been reading all five, or maybe even one or two, you know January is my least favorite month of the year. So, here we are, January 9th -ugh. I was planning to blog today (like w/ photos, etc.) but ran out of time. I need to be somewhere soon and haven't showered so, more to come tomorrow!

In total randomness, I can't believe how LOUD Texas thunderstorms are! Last night Adam and I awoke to the loudest, most startling thunder crack I have ever heard!! It about gave me a heart attack! Texans...tell me, do you ever get used to this?! Unreal.

Today is Adam's first day back to school after break, boo. And of course, last night he started getting sick. In the middle of the night he was up putting on 10 layers of clothes b/c he was chilled. Lovely timing isn't it? (he's been off work for a month!)

B goes back to school tomorrow and I think we're both ready for that. :)

Anyhoo, tomorrow I'm going to post photos of the guest room that is now done so if you care, tune in for that! Have a good day, everyone! xo

3 comments:

Katie said...

I rather like January... a fresh start, back to routines and familiar schedules after a much needed break. Five years is a long time! I believe I HAVE read all five Januarys. :) And I'm still going strong! I love that I can keep up with you through your blog. Thanks for taking the time to make it fun to read.

Kelly said...

I'm more with Katie in this, although I feel that "I hate January" is a common theme among many. This January in particular is more exciting and busy, which helps to keep the post-holiday doldrums away.

Just 21 days to go!

izzyg said...

ok, i was about to post how much i hate januarys as well -- & then i noticed your ultra positive friends and am trying to change my tune! but seriously, January in Seattle?? doesn't get much worse. HELLO GREY.