January 31, 2012

what would have been our our Christmas card & roast chicken

So I still don't have my images yet from our family photo session that we had done last November but I have seen them. This one is my fave. I just ordered a big ol' canvas of it for our bedroom, can't wait for it to arrive!

WinnFamilyFavs-00005xL
Photo
Last night I made Ina Garten's Perfect Roast Chicken. I had never made a whole chicken before (I have an aversion to eating meat on a bone) but gave it a whirl and it was pretty darn tasty! Brennan is the.pickiest.eater. but she ate both HUGE drumsticks and said "I'm so full I don't even want dessert!" (she typically eats the bare minimum just to get dessert so this was a huge deal!). And Adam loved it, so I will count it a success! Here are my 2 cents on the recipe: make more veggies than it suggests b/c they shrink so much and are SO delish. I would do away w/ the fennel and just do more carrots and onions (my personal opinion). I added a couple potatoes to the mix as well and thought that was a good idea. Okie dokie, that's all I have for today! Happy Tuesday! xo

8 comments:

Jenny B. said...

CUTE pic! I love everything Ina Garten. Do you have one of her cookbooks or do you just get her recipes from foodnetwork.com??

Laura Call said...

Love, love, LOVE the family photo!! Beautiful!

Kelly said...

I want this on my mantle of family pictures! It's infectious, I can't help but smile when I see these Winns.

Ina pretty much never makes a misstep so I can imagine her roast chicken is divine.

Jen said...

Oh wow, LOVE this pic Mol! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey Molly I love the pic. Your mom is your biggest fan. Whenever you post something she tells me, "Check out Molly's blog"!!! I will be flying into Austin on Friday to visit my daughter & granddaughter in Ft. Hood & your mom told me you were flying home, wish we could meet for coffee at the airport. Have a wonderful weekend!!! I begged your mom to make me the rainbow cake for my birthday, it was awesome!!! I just love your mom!!
Cathy

Carrie said...

Awesome photo - you guys look great! Nice job on the whole chicken :)

{four kings} said...

Love the pic of the family! It's nice to see you in a photo :) Miss you guys...think about you all the time!

xo
mar

izzyg said...

YOUR FACE! hoooray!! i have missed your face ~ you look absolutely LOVELY my friend, and it makes me miss you even more. xoxoxoxo