March 1, 2012

Texas Independence Day & ramblings

I've lived in Texas a year and a half, I don't know that I can technically call myself a Texan yet (not sure when that really happens but a year and a half just doesn't seem long enough, does it?), but anyway, I just found out that March 2nd is Texas Independence Day and I think I should celebrate! On this day 176 years ago the Republic of Texas was born, who knew?! (well, not me!). I can't eat dessert for another 30+ days so there goes any ideas of a Texas sheet cake, maybe I'll eat some brisket and do some square dancing instead? I still haven't made the conversion to cowboy boots...maybe one day. Ahh Texas, I kind of love you.

I'm tired today! Last night I drove to/from Dallas to go to a photography workshop and I got home late and it was an early morning getting B out the door. Today is one of those days I'd like to crawl back into bed for a couple more hours.

It just started getting warm here in Waco, its supposed to be 79 degrees today! Its so crazy to me how it goes from being cold, to warm in like a day. Bring on the spring!!

2 nights ago I tried a new recipe, it was a rustic bread/eggplant lasagna type dish. The gal raved about it so I thought I'd give it a whirl. B wasn't a fan, Adam and I just thought it was okay. I have a vegetarian neighbor/friend who I think would really like it so I'm gifting her the leftovers....there are a lot of them, it was a big dish.

I didn't really go over my new years goals on the ol' blog this year, I am keeping w/ my last years goal of trying new dishes on a regular basis, so far so good!

Okay, so, the big news of the day is that Adam has an interview today. He is currently one of six candidates, if he makes it past this round he will be one of three. Prayers would be appreciated. The process for hiring a professor is long and nerve wracking, we've been down this road many times and its tough, to even make it this far is a big deal. As always, we're trusting the Lord with this one, we'll keep you posted if there is news to share!

Hope ya'll have a great day and if you feel like celebrating the great state of Texas tomorrow, Ye-haw and giddy up! xo

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wishing you an early Happy TEXAS Day!

GOOD LUCK, ADAM! We all know they would be crazy not to choose you.

Anonymous said...

You can take the girl out of the N.W., but .... maybe I'll consider you a Texan when you come home with an accent:) I can see you in cowboy boots! and I'm so jealous about your weather....
Prayers have been non-stop for Adam and I know good things are in store for you.
XXOO
Mom

Meredith said...

hmmm... still not sure how i feel about this whole love affair you've got going on with texas. just saying.

Robin said...

I love to read your blog because I feel like you're talking to me.... your voice really comes through. I'm glad you love Texas - it's big and bright.... or at least its' stars are!

Praying,
Robin