March 6, 2012

the tippy top

So I think the tippy top is the last of the home tour! I'm one who likes to give credit where credit is due and I can take no credit for the tippy top. The tippy top was done when we bought the house and it was such a surprise to Adam and I! When you walk into the master bedroom there is a stairwell that leads to the third floor which has been converted from an attic to a master bathroom/sitting room/walk-in closet. Next to the kitchen this is probably my favorite spot in the house. Brennan started calling it "the tippy top" shortly after we moved in, and now, that's what everyone calls it. Our friends will come over and be like "I called you but you didn't answer, were you in the tippy top?" So funny. I took these photos the other day, and just this weekend I bought an old chippy painted trunk to act as a coffee table for the couch so the pictures are already missing something but I was too lazy to take more just b/c of that. So, without further ado, here's the tippy top!

044x

045x

051x

065x

064x

061x

078x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the tippy top - very cozy and the couch up there is just the perfect size! Photos really show it off, Molly:)
XXOO
Mom

Katie said...

I love the tippy top! Do you put guests up there, with their own bathroom and all? Or is that your master bathroom?

Carrie said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous space!

Jen said...

What a beautiful, unique space. I love all the light, the angled ceilings and of course, your decorating taste. The door frame is cool.

Kelly said...

The tippy top is one of my favorite features of the house. I wish that was MY bedroom.

industriouslily said...

Love it, Mols!!!! So cozy and lovely, peaceful. I would like to be up there reading a book while it was raining :)