April 20, 2012

Friday randomness

Happy Friday, all!

So last night for dinner I tried this garlic mac and cheese, delish! I drained the milk mixture before I added it to the noodles to get rid of the garlic bits that weren't smooth, and I put cooked bacon on top (I think that made a huge difference). If I would've had more bacon I would've put some into the mixture rather than just on top (I'm of the opinion that most things are better with bacon). :) So, if you're a mac and cheese fan and love garlic, I'd definitely try this one!

The other night we had some friends over for dinner and I tried Ina's homemade onion rings, they didn't turn out quite like I planned...for some reason the coating didn't stay on too well but they were still really tasty! Probably user error, oh well.

Today at B's school they are doing some parade thing, the kids are supposed to dress up like animals or something? Anyway, I was chatting with B about it last night and saying how I wasn't sure what she was going to wear, etc.. She told me she didn't want to do it, and since I had no.idea. what to do about a costume for her I told her she could skip it and I'd take her to school late. Bad parenting? I'm not sure but I'm not sweating it. After we talked about her being late, etc. she said "oh good, that means I don't need to rush in the morning." In case there was any doubt, um yeah, she's my daughter! :)

Okay, now that I've rambled long enough, head on over here to check out these cuties. Happy weekend! xo

778xL
*13 years ago today Adam and I had our very first conversation, ahhhh. :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Can I move in with you guys and you cook for me all the time? That'd be so great. (You KNOW I'm a mac-n-cheese lover so this recipe has been added to my "TRY!" list. Too bad it will likely be months before I do it. I've reached my tolerance level of trying to cook in my tiny kitchen.)

PS. This couple look so cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that B didn't jump at the chance to dress up like a dog!

I'm with Kelly, I want to move in too! You know I'd do all the dishes. :)

Kemi