April 17, 2012

sickness, meatless Monday recipe and a house

So I thought I was getting sick and then I thought I wasn't! And then, I woke up today feeling pretty badly, so once I got B out the door to school I crawled back into bed and slept for 3 more hours. Ugh, I think I need to cancel mi casa tonight which makes me sad since we only have 3 left of the semester (which, how is that possible by the way?!!)!! Ugh, I hate being sick! Sorry, I'll stop complaining, I realize its a fact of life.

Anyhoo, I have a tasty recommendation for meatless Monday. I'm always on the hunt for good dinner recipes and I do think its good to pass on meat every now and again. So, last night I tried this Mexican lasagna and it was a hit! Adam and I both loved it (I didn't have B try any, knew the hot sauce/black bean combo wasn't gonna fly). Its super easy, quick to throw together and is really satisfying even without meat (which, says a lot to me b/c it seems when I eat a vegetarian meal I'm often not quite satisfied at the end). I would definitely give it a whirl if you like Mexican food!

And since I might have to move (and that aside, I love looking at houses online) here is a house in the area that we might be moving to that I think has some charm, needs some work of course but kinda cute. Thoughts? xo

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are sick (hope it wasn't the beans)....
LOVE the house (and back yard!) So cute!!!! Can see you in it.
XXOO
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm also so sorry to hear you are sick! Hope you can sleep and rest as much as you need. The Mexican dish sounds tempting. Loved the salted caramel shortbread recipe you posted recently. Who needs a cooking channel when we've got you!

The house looks great. And I don't think I saw any wall paper.

Kemi

Kelly said...

That lasagne looks AMAZING, even without meat! Black beans & corn = sign me up!

That house definitely has some potential. I'm always a fan of traditional American style architecture.

Robin said...

Great looking house, rooms seem smaller than what you have now. Sick=Boo.

Jen said...

It looks like it has good bones and it's charming, but you could turn it into a gorgeous place once you put your stamp on it. I will continue to pray for God's best for you, since I know you feel torn and conflicted about moving.