April 18, 2012

taking notice

This whole are we moving/are we not moving thing is wearing. We will know soon enough and this whole waiting game will all be over but for the time being...its wearing. It's also such a weird place to be emotionally b/c Adam and I have such mixed feelings about it all. There have been times in the past where we have wanted a particular job so badly we could taste it, and then didn't get it and were left heartbroken and with many questions, that at the time, had no answers. This time is different, this time we don't have a strong/passionate/I want this ____ outcome, we're torn. This time this process is easier b/c we are in a better place, emotionally, physically, maybe even spiritually. We love it here, we love our house, our community, our church, B's school, etc. It's a weird place to be.

I always sit and stare at things around the house, its just what I do. I look at how the light pours into a room, or how it doesn't in another (thats the photog in me), I look at a light fixture that I hate and obsess about how I want to change it out, I stare at a wall and how the paint color looks different on the same wall 2 yards away, etc.. It's just what I do, always thinking/plotting/planning how I want to change things or leave them exactly the same. I think its part of the creative process in my brain that doesn't ever quite get turned off. Lately I've been taking notice of little nooks around my house, things I will miss if we have to move. Some things can be re-created in a different home, but some can't. I love this little spot in my kitchen, I love the window, the old chair that B stands on and stares outside, the 2 hook which holds her aprons, etc.. Its something I will miss if we have to move, so for now, I'll continue to stare. xo

002x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really touched my heart...so thankful that God knows best and you can count on that. Anxiously waiting with you....
XOO
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are such a good writer also. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Question for you. You took our pics awhile back and I wanted to make those pics on canvas at COSTCO since they have good prices on the sizes there but with my shots I took with my cameras. The girl that works there said not to blow up my i phone pics or my Cannon sure short pics as the quality will not be good on the pics, even though the regular pics come out fine. She said you need a high quality camera. Is that true? What are your thoughts on that? Thanks P

Molly W. said...

Hi Anonymous,
Can I ask...who are you? :) Yes, you do need a camera w/ lots of pixels to blow images up large enough for a canvas-that is true. I'm a bit confused by your comment, you are wanting to blow up images you took, correct? (not ones I took? -just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. If you purchased digital files from me you can have those made into canvas prints). Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Syl!

"Now to Him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY more than all we ask or imagine, according to HIS POWER that is at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" Ephesians 3:20-21

Love you and praying with you,
Kemi

Anonymous said...

Thank you and my name is Patti from CA.
Yes, I wanted to blow up the pics I took from my iphone and sure shot camera. So I guess they will be grainy? I love the ones you took and yes, I have the cd. But I wanted to do my pics. Guess I will have to wait to do it until I get an expensive camera. Boo hoo! Thank you!

izzyg said...

I think that looks like a perfect Molly-House - classically beautiful yet ready for all your touches :) love you friend, hoping and praying for your news, that it comes soon and with Peace! xoxoxoxo

Jen said...

I can picture B on that stool, looking out the window. Such great light in that room! I hate ambiguity too...it's very draining. Whatever the outcome, at least the waiting is almost over.

Robin said...

It's easy to say, "at least you'll be fairly happy either way this time" but that leaves out the entirety of what's going on here. Last night I was thinking about Psalm 23.... "he leads me beside the still waters, he restores my soul." His sheep his his voice, Molly, and I know he can speak loudly enough to show you where you belong.

Molly W. said...

Aunt Robin,
I love your comments, thanks for sharing them w/ me. I must say though, saying "we'll be happy either way this time" isn't easy -not for me. Its been a process to get here, and to surrender my plans for His (and its still an on-going process!:). I do agree that He can/will show us where we belong, I take loads of comfort in that. xo