June 26, 2012

24 hours in Dallas

Every once in a while you just gotta get out! Out of your city, your every day life, the normal routine, etc. I was feeling like the walls were closing in and I needed a change of scenery. I found a great deal on a 4 star hotel in Dallas and we packed up the fam and got the heck outta dodge for 24 hours, and it was just what I/we needed!

Now that I'm a bit obsessed with cooking and new recipes, etc. I've grown quite fond of Guy Fieri from the food network and love watching his show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I looked up some of the restaurants featured on his show and we made it a point to hit some of them up while we were in town. When we first arrived in Dallas, we made our way to the pool and had it to ourselves, it was divine! Then, it was out to dinner at Twisted Root Burger Co for a-maz-ing burgers! I had the lost mexican, bleu cheese with jalapenos -delish!

043x

008x

007x

003x 
Amen!
009x 

011x
After we went to dinner we drove to the mall and saw Madagascar 3, then headed back to the hotel to bed. The next morning B and Adam let me sleep in while they went to McDonalds for pancakes. Once we all got showered and ready for the day we hit up the Dallas Farmers Market! I walked away with some limes, cherries, and avocados -YUM.

022x

028x

029x

030x

032x

034x

035x

I really wanted to try this place for lunch at the Farmers Market (that was also featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, but it was closed -boo). So, we headed to another triple D (that's what Guy calls it) recommendation called Cane Rosso for lunch. I wasn't as impressed with this place, it was an Italian joint with a pretty limited menu.

047x
Guy Fieri was here!
046x

042x

054x

After lunch we went to the Dallas Aquarium!

056x

060x

074x

079x

081x

085x

092x

101x

116x

118x

128x

137x

145x

159x

After the aquarium it was time to head home

018x

014x

All in all, it was a great 24 hours and just what the doctor ordered! xo

6 comments:

Katie said...

That Brennan seems like a good little traveler, and good company in general.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a treat to share in your trip! Brennan is so previous - and I love the turtles and flamingos! Glad you had such a fun trip even though it was short.
XXOO
Mom

Kemi Winn said...

Looks and sounds like a very refreshing trip -- and even Rainbow got to join in on the family fun! When we were in Dallas last year for the game we ate at a triple D (Mike also loves that show) where we had some might fine Mexican Food.

Kelly said...

I'm a big fan of the short getaways. Clears the mind and refreshes the soul to get back to daily life.

I'm also a fan of aquariums and seeing these pictures made me realize I never go! Must remedy that (although I have NO idea where the nearest one is in Maine...)

Jen said...

What a fun mini vacation! Great pics. The stickers on the door to the burger joint cracked me up. See you in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michael said...

Molly, that trip sounds great. Just saw that place at the Farmers Market on TV a few weeks ago. Too bad it was closed. Last year when we were there for the Duck-LSU game, I went to Twisted Root Burger, and one other DDD place -- both were awesome. Looking forward to seeing you and the family in a couple of weeks.