August 31, 2012

a new season for the Winns

B has been back in school now for 3 weeks, crazy! Our lives have had to change a bit because of this (duh). B now has a pretty strict schedule on when she takes a bath, what time she goes to bed, we are setting/waking up to an alarm, etc.. I know a lot of people often have a strict schedule of when these things occur long before kindergarten but b/c of our lifestyle (ie working for ourselves, Adam's schedule changing every semester, summers technically "off," etc.) we have been very lax on all of this...until now. I'm not gonna lie, the alarm going off in the morning is pretty much my least favorite thing EVER and I've been very spoiled in that for the past nearly 6 years this hasn't been the case, but back to reality. Boo! Well, since this new season of life, I've been thinking about what's next for me specifically. I worked until the day I went into the hospital and had Brennan, and haven't worked for anyone other than myself since. This has been great for our family and I wouldn't change a thing but with my baby in school full time my identity/role as a mom is undoubtedly changing a bit (my friends at playgroup told me I could still come, I told them that was weird :). With that said, now that B is gone all day/every day I feel this yearning/need to "get back out there" part time and be accountable to someone other than myself for some of my time. So, with that said, momma got a part time job! SO weird that on September 4th the alarm will go off and I'll be the one who has to be "up and at 'em!" Ideally I only wanted to work 20ish hours a week but this job is closer to 30. So, as of Tuesday I will be working part time in the admissions office at Baylor University! Woot! This job only goes through March so its not a big commitment at this point so we'll see how it goes! Its been a loooooooooong time since I've worked in an office and I honestly have no idea what to even wear! Something tells me my Old Navy v-necks and ripped jeans aren't gonna cut it! (which really, is what I wear about every day!). Back to reality, folks. So, with that said, I'll try and keep the ol' blog going but if its a bit quiet around here that's why, not much spare time will be had until April. Weird!!

As for more "new things" B started gymnastics yesterday! She loved it but hated all the stretching (which she told me numerous times). I'm glad she liked it and is eager to go back next week! Oh my sweet girl, getting so big and trying new things...sniff.

Okay all, thanks for enduring my ramblings, have a great weekend! xo
005
006
007

6 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats Mol! That is awesome - seems such a perfect place for you to go back to work. I am proud of you. It will feel good to 'get back out there' and earn some more money too. ;) And B looks adorable as always. I just wish she wouldn't grow up so fast.

Kelly said...

I love that you are finding ways to stay fulfilled in your many roles as mom, wife, woman, etc. Hopefully this job will be a fun outlet to others sides of you.

And for some reason, I find it so hilarious that B disliked the stretching; probably because I don't either (unless my muscles are already super warmed-up, and then the stretching, post work-out, hurts so good. :-)

HisTreasuredPossession said...

yay!!! so glad you got the job!!

Natalie Ward said...

Sounds very exciting!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the job - you're going to be a perfect fit! Did you get a picture of your first day back to work???!! Must see it!

Katie said...

Congrats on the new job!! Eager to hear how it goes.