August 7, 2012

life lately

I feel like I haven't talked much lately so today is going to consist on my ramblings (don't roll your eyes)! Let's see...we've been back in Texas for a week and so far we've been to a couple birthday parties, had triple digits in the weather every day, have slowly unpacked and put away suitcases that were sitting in the middle of the bedroom, B has told me numerous times she doesn't want to go to school and pointed out that I don't go so why should she? (btw B loves school, she's just in summer - "I do what I want" mode). I started the south beach diet (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) which I'm hesitant to talk about b/c I hate not finishing things I start. I've been on it for 7 days, anyone who knows anything about the south beach diet knows the first 14 days are the w.o.r.s.t. I'm not a huge dieter, but I did do the south beach diet hard core several years ago and I do think it works for me but in general, I do think it would just be lovely if we could all eat whatever we want and be thin, Amen. But truth be told, I did eat whatever I wanted for a good month straight of vacation and man alive am I paying for it! Or maybe just all of my clothes shrunk in the dryer?!!........................crickets.....................................................................

So 7 days of no carbs and triple digit heat, who wants to come over and hang out with me?!! :) I'm a barrel of laughs these days! In other news the air conditioning fiasco turned out to be no big deal thank the Lord! But due to the lovely nature of owning a 100+ year old home which desperately needs new windows, even with the a/c on 24/7 the coldest our room gets is 76.5 degrees!

B starts school on the 13th! How crazy is that?! In 6 days my sweet girl will be an all day every day kindergartner! Her school starts earlier than anyone elses (that I've heard of anyway) which is quite the change from last year when she seemed like the last one to get back to school! We have an ice cream social event tomorrow night at her school where we meet all the newbies like us (no ice cream for me -boo!). I hope B likes it and feels comfortable....I remember my first day of kindergarten and being so nervous to walk in the room. Sigh. Man I feel old!

Okay, since I've been in no carb hell land dinner hasn't been nearly as exciting BUT I did try a new recipe the other day that was pretty tasty, so, if you'd like a no carb dinner I'd recommend caprese chicken. Easy and fresh and a great recipe for summer!

Okay all, that's it for today. I'm going to try to be productive today and get some laundry done and dust some cobwebs that formed in the month we were gone! Have a lovely day! xo

5 comments:

{four kings} said...

You are cracking me up!!! Wishing you luck with the new diet...you can do it!!!! :)

xo maris

Anonymous said...

Dieting is no fun, for sure, but I know you will find a way to make food taste good!
Wish I could be there to see Brennan on her first day of school-can't wait to see the pic!:)
XXOO
Mom

Kelly said...

Oh, man! Those first 2 weeks of SB ARE the worst. Like, 'I want to punch someone's face but I'm too weak to even stand up' kind of worst. I'll be thinking of you, my friend!

Robin said...

I'm so thankful your air-conditioning turned out to be no big deal. . . especially since your home repair insurance was lapsed. While you're feeling weak from lack of carbs, languish on the couch and keep cool!

Carrie said...

Good job for trying SB again! The first part is SUCH a pain in the a**, but it's nice to see some pretty quick results too. Keep it up! Ooo, looks like you should get to move onto the next phase today?? Enjoy all those (now) amazingly delicious fruits and whole grain carbs! :)