November 19, 2012

I feel like a broken record

I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over again, we're busy, we're running around like crazy people, no time to breathe, etc. This weekend was no exception, literally running from one thing to the next. To had more crazy to it all my sweet father-in-law has been installing my new sink (YAY!!) and my sweet mother-in-law has been painting my living room (yes I just painted it a year ago, and yes, my mother-in-law paited it before that!)! Needless to say the house is in a bit of disarray and Adam has been out of town for 5 days at a conference to boot! I know its a hectic time for everyone, everyone is busy and its just this season and I'm no different from anyone else but I am w.i.p.e.d. o.u.t. Sorry if I sound like a broken record. I could bore you all to tears with my counter top drama but the nutshell version is:

 I wasn't planning on replacing them, but when we took out the old sink and put in the new sink...big ol' gap from where the old sink used to be all the way to the back splash (new sink isn't as deep). This wasn't a newsflash, we knew it would be an issue but I was hopeful we could match the granite and just replace that one piece...no such luck. Needless to say in the couple of scattered hours I've had free this week I've been running around town getting bids/quotes, looking at different counter top options, etc.. Ay yi yi! After ALL the back and forth I FINALLY made a decision, corian it is! I am super excited for it to be installed, I think it will look really pretty and be functional (double bonus) when its done! The install folks are super busy right now so I have temporary plywood counter tops for the next month! Fun. :)

Its almost wrong how much I love my new sink, its an object, I get it, but I LOVE MY NEW SINK!!! After drooling over farm sinks for 10 years I still am pinching myself that I actually have one! Its hard to appreciate it to its fullest surrounded by plywood but just wait...its going to be FAB. :)

I'm sure you're all thinking with all this talk about a sink and counter tops I really need to get out more...you're probably right. Anyhoo, I have mounds of photo editing starring me in the face, gotta jet. More to come! For now, I'll leave you with a sneak peek of an adorable fam! xo

322xL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you that you finally have your farm sink! and bless Kemi and Doug!!!!
XXOO
Mom

Katie said...

A picture of the farm sink would be appropriate.

Carrie said...

I want to see the sink -- crazy counters and all!!

Kelly said...

A beautiful sink is not to be underestimated!