November 25, 2012

thankful

I feel behind on blogging! Happy (late) Thanksgiving, all! I hope you all had a great day filled with turkey and stuffing! Our Thanksgiving was not exactly one for the record books...I was in the hospital for most of it. On Tuesday afternoon I started not feeling well, the right side of my chest was hurting, it was radiating pain up to my neck and shoulder, and at times was hurting down my right arm. The pain was essentially chest pain, somewhat like a stabbing sensation that made it extremely painful to breath in. The pain waxed and waned for a while and on Wednesday night I was awake from 3-5am with shooting pain and Adam and I were debating whether we should go to the hospital right then. I really wanted to make Thanksgiving dinner and clearly, I had plans! I finally fell back to sleep for a couple hours but woke up still feeling terrible and definitely like something wasn't right. I pleaded with the Lord that if I could just get through dinner I would go to the hospital. While sitting at the table and starring at the food I made, nothing looked good enough to really enjoy b/c I was so uncomfortable. Adam, cousin Mike and I got up from the dinner table, got in the car and off to the hospital we went. The good news is the wait is pretty darn short when you mention you're having chest pain! Needless to say, after an EKG, blood work, urine work, chest x-ray, etc. they decided I needed to have a CT scan b/c some of my blood work came back abnormal, and it was the kind of not-normal that could mean I had a blood clot...scary. I had a CT scan, they injected dye into my heart and looked all around, from that they deduced I didn't have a blood clot (praise Jesus) but that I needed to have an ultrasound of my gallbladder since it appeared to have thickened walls and was contracted. After an ultrasound ruling out bad things in the gall bladder the doctors were somewhat perplexed but ultimately it looks like my diagnosis is Pleurisy. Essentially the lining of my lung is inflamed and there is no known cause, which apparently isn't that uncommon b/c since this has all come about I've talked to several folks who have had relatives who had it! Needless to say, these past several days have been extremely painful but the doc gave me some hard corn pain meds to help me sleep and apparently numbing the pain until it decides to go away is pretty much all that can be done. NOW I have chest pain just thinking about the hospital bill that's going to be coming my way!! Between that and the unexpected counter top bill I'm sure I'm in for it! Yikes! Clearly, I'm just thankful to be well and not to have anything too serious going on. I'm still not 100% but am feeling much better today. Big exhale. That is what has been going on around here. Doug and Kemi leave tomorrow (and I have a 6 year old that I'm sure will be inconsolable) but it was so nice to have them! Doug is taking out my back splash right now and getting the counter tops loosened so they can be lifted off easily when the corian is going to be installed. Kemi is done painting, we just have some parts at the very high part of the ceiling we gotta get to and then that will be done! They've been busy bees but we've also had lots of time to play! Yesterday we drove all the way to Austin b/c it was the only place we could find a bar that was showing the Duck game! Thankfully the ducks and the Baylor bears won so it was a good day in the Winn household! I'm looking forward to life getting back to normal here in the next week, it feels like its been a bit of a zoo around here! More to come! xo

779750
617623

9 comments:

four kings said...

Oh Molly!!!!! I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that! I'm happy to hear that it is nothing too serious! Sending positive thoughts your way!!
xoxo,
maris

Robin said...

Bummer, Molly. I had pleurisy as a child and it came and went for a couple of years. It was very painful and I hope it stays away for you.

Jen said...

How scary! So glad you're ok, but sorry you had to go through all the pain (and now the bills). Hopefully the month of Dec is much less eventful for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

So thankful you are going to be ok. Please rest and take it easy:)
XXOO
Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you will be ok! Take care...

Carrie said...

EWWW! That sounds terrible Molly! Glad you're feeling a bit better now ... speedy recovery friend!

Kelly said...

How awful and scary and frustrating to have to go through all of those tests and wait for results. Glad they finally found the cause!

Anonymous said...

I just likе the helρful іnfο you providе
for your articles. I wіll bookmaгκ уour weblog and
take a look at аgain heгe regulaгly.

I am reasonably certain I will be told a lot οf new stuff pгopеr hеre!

Beѕt of luck for the following!

Feel free tо viѕit my web-site ... 888 Poker Bonus

Anonymous said...

This paгagraph will hеlp the іnternet visіtors fоr сreating neω webpage οr еvеn a weblog from ѕtаrt tо end.


Also viѕit mу site forum.lafermeduweb.net