January 6, 2013

I spoke too soon

So the night (or night after...can't remember) that I wrote how B hadn't gotten sick yet...she woke up at 2am throwing up. Sigh. Poor girl. We have been put through the ringer in this house! I am still hacking up a lung but I do think I'm FINALLY on the mend. So far 2013 is not one for the record books, I'm hoping this isn't the trajectory for the rest of the year.

I haven't put away all of my Christmas decor or set my new years goals yet. I'm feeling a tad behind. B heads back to school tomorrow and Adam's classes start back up this week. I started back at Baylor last week but only 2 days so "real life" begins tomorrow in the Winn house. Vacation has been lovely and relaxing (other than the plague), really long, lazy days that were much needed after our hectic fall.

Our new counter tops were put in yesterday! FINALLY! They look really pretty and the kitchen is so much lighter and brighter so I love that of course! Now the back splash is the next thing to get done. You know how when you fix one thing it just leads to another and another? Well, I'm thinking the cabinets might need to be painted a brighter white now. Sigh. The counters are SO white that it makes the cabinets look a little yellowish rather than plain white. Not a huge task per se but yet another task on my seemingly never-ending list. A.L.W.A.Y.S. S.O.M.E.T.H.I.N.G.

I will upload some pics and get those posted soon! I do some commercial work for a local realtor and I have some [boring] house photos staring me in the face that must come first -boo! More to come! xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad YOU and Adam are on the mend, but so sorry little Brennan got sick too:( Hope she's better and back to school today!
XXOO
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm so sorry that B got sick. Stomach bugs are a bummer!
Hopefully you can shake that horrible cough soon.

So glad you are happy with your counter top choice! I'm eager to see pictures.

Love,
Kemi