January 22, 2013

Oh you, January

If you've been following my blog for any length of time now then you know January is my least favorite month of the year. This year it seems different from the past several years, different in a good way. I'm not sure if its b/c its been pretty busy with life and work or if its the fact that the weather has been decent (its supposed to be 77 degrees on Thursday!)? I'm not sure what to attribute it to but, whatever the reason, I'm grateful.

This past weekend was just plain great. It was SO nice having 4 days off to have dinners with friends, lazy mornings, a date with Adam, movie night with the girls, etc. I loved everything about this weekend and wish it wasn't over yet!

This time of year always leaves us with question marks and wonders. We never know if we'll have to move for Adam's job or if we'll get another year in Waco. We have a real peace this year which is such a blessing. When we moved to Waco we said it was home for at least 3 years unless some amazing opportunity came along. Well, it will be 3 years in June so if the Lord provides a reason to leave we're open to it but of course it will be bittersweet. I'll let ya'll know when we know anything but for now, as usual, we sit and wait, and trust of course. ;)

In random news (exciting news for me and Adam!) we are going on VACATION!!!! It has been nearly 8 years since Adam and I have gone on vacation sans B, its TIME. We booked a cruise to Mexico and are GIDDY with anticipation! We don't go for 4 more months but knowing its officially booked has me one happy girl!

I think this is all the news I have for now. I'm going to get blogging and have a post up on my other blog by tomorrow so check back in! xo

4 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

It's nice to hear that you are enjoying your dreaded month! January has long been one of my favorites for years - not because of the weather by any means - but because it is a great month to RELAX! So glad you had such a fun weekend and have a vacation to look forward to!

love,
kemi

Anonymous said...

Exciting news about your vacay! Maybe you'll be in Mexico and I'll be in Europe at the same time? We can come home and share stories and pics! Love you!
~rodent

Jenny B. said...

How has it almost been 3 years?! Wow, time flies by!! Glad to have you in Waco!!

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful! and so excited for you guys to have a vacation! Couldn't imagine you guys going to Waco 3 years ago and now can't imagine you anywhere else:) Closer to the West coast might be nice.....
XXOO
Mom