February 27, 2013

I'm feelin' like its time for that vacation

Oh life. Big sigh. I'm exhausted. I honestly don't know where the hours in the day go. Tonight at our parents group at church we're going to be talking about "busyness" and what it looks like/means to be a part of serving, etc. in the midst of our already crazy lives. I don't think life was meant to be this way, I don't think we were created to be running around like chickens with our heads cut off and have little time for people or the Lord. I think I could stand to re-evaluate my own life a bit and take a step back and see what I could do differently. I guess my fear is that the answer could be "nothing." The reality is you have to work to live, making dinner, going to the store, child pick up from school, etc. are all important things that need to get done. I realize I'm rambling a bit here, I don't know what the "answer" is but I'm looking forward to church tonight and hearing others' thoughts on the matter.

This poor blog has been so neglected...I've been toiling with the idea of letting it die a slow death. :) Any one care? (.........................crickets.............................)

Speaking of dinner (bad segue) I have been trying new recipes lately, just been too busy to actually write them down to share. Here are a few things:

I made this sour cream chicken the other night. To be honest, it was just okay, if you want to give it a whirl I would add less salt than it recommends.

I made this goulash recipe two nights ago and it was a hit! Even B ate it! Here's my 2 cents, double the cream cheese/sour cream mixture, I really felt like it needed more, and add mushrooms and/or onions, it could use more flavor and another texture in my opinion.

Okay any one who may be out there, thanks for reading! I have a to-do list starring my in the face, must hop on it! Here is a peek of a cute senior, more to come! xo

187xL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can say that I would really miss your blog but I am all for eliminating anything that is contributing to needless stress in your life. You are are in a very busy season of life and the Lord and your family are of highest priority.

It's hard to believe that young man is a senior - he looks SO young!

Love,
Kemi

Suzannah said...

Hi Molly!
I would be sad to see your blog go, but if it frees up some time and space in your life and reduces some stress at the same time, I totally get it!
Please share any insights you learn about parenting/living a purposeful life in the midst of our super busy culture. I'd love to know more about how to live without feeling like a chicken-with-my-head-cut-off!!
Hope your sweet family is well!!
love you!
xoxo,
Suz

Anonymous said...

You can't give up your blog....I check it every morning and feel like it's the only way I really know what's going on in your life and it's a way to see B grow up since you live too far away!! :(

love you
rodent

Robin said...

I go to your blog every day. No guilt intended. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

May I just say I agree with ALL the above! With you living so far away, this is my "connection" to you and B as we don't even get to talk that often on the phone with our schedules.
Love Robin's comment - no guilt...just sayin':)
XXOO
Mom

Jen said...

I love reading what you're up to and seeing your beautiful pics - it's sometimes the only way I know what's going on in your life! Ok, usually the only way. But it shouldn't be a stress for you. Maybe you just need to take a break/re-evaluate. Or just update it when you feel inspired, not feel like you HAVE to all the time?