March 22, 2013

fun things

I'm getting that there.aren't.enough.hours.in.the.day. feeling right now. SO much is going on but all fun things! Last night I hosted my co-workers from Baylor and we had a "farewell" dinner. It was a great excuse to get the house clean (thanks for all the help to my fabulous husband for that!), and I haven't really "entertained" in a while so it was fun to be in the my kitchen making yummy food for a crowd. Its so weird seeing work folks outside of work, isn't it? Its just a different dynamic but fun! I adore my supervisor so it was fun being friends and not just co-workers last night. We had a great time, but man am I tired today! It was Greek food for dinner, I made grilled chicken skewers (which I've posted before), I tried a new appetizer of these Greek pita pizzas (can't remember where the recipe is, essentially you top pita with sun dried tomato pesto, add mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, feta, and parmesan cheese and sprinkle with olive oil and bake at 350 for 12 mins). I also made Ina Garten's Greek salad, we had pita and hummus, tzatziki, tabouleh, and I made a chocolate truffle cheesecake for dessert (which I'll try and blog later!). It was pretty tasty if I do say so myself!

Right now I'm gearing up to host a Magnolia and Plum trunk show at my house in a week and a half! I'm trying to get some half-done projects completed beforehand. I need to finish painting the hallway upstairs, I'm hoping to bite the bullet and order a light fixture and have it hung in my living room (I've ordered 2, hated them both and sent them back). My sweet father-in -law is coming next month to put up the back splash in the kitchen (cannot.wait), and then...we'll be on to something else! :) Always a project waiting in the wings!

Speaking of fun things, I had the opportunity to shoot for Plum a week ago to showcase their spring line! Head on over here to see images from this shoot and shop away!! xo

536xL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even fun can be busy! I love Greek food and your menu sounds delicious. So nice of you to entertain your co-workers. Bet they enjoyed every bite!

Love,
Kemi