April 9, 2013

death & taxes

The blog title today isn't meant to be witty. As I sit here starring at the tax documents I need to do to keep molly winn photography legit my heart is so heavy with the loss of sweet Val. My dear friends lost their mom yesterday to a long battle with cancer. My heart is breaking for them. Last week I sat with my friend Kristin as she shared videos and photos of her sweet boy who would have been 10 but lost his battle to cancer 4 years ago. My own dad has beat cancer twice, and I still get to have him, and I'm so thankful. None of this is fair, and life is hard. Taxes seem really trivial today, but life goes on, doesn't it? Sometimes I want to curl up in a ball and shut out the outside world b/c it just seems like too much. People carry around so much hurt and pain and it seems overwhelming. Sorry, I'm not wanting to be a big downer today, I want to be thankful that I got to know Val, and that Kristin got to be Isaiah's mom for 6 years. I want to rejoice in knowing that God is good all the time, even when it hurts. Life does go on, and taxes do need to be paid. If you think of it, say some prayers for my friends, they could really use them right now.

Here is a peek of an engagement session I'm working on, more to come. xo

059xL

1 comment:

Kemi Winn said...

I am so sorry for your friends loss. They are blessed to have you as a friend.