May 17, 2013

Field Day 2013 -FAIL

Brennan has 3 days left of school (what?!), today was her "field day" where the kids essentially get to play games, get wet, get out early, etc. Since this has been one of the craziest years of my life as far as work goes I haven't volunteered at B's school. I've made several cupcakes, cakes, etc. for various things throughout the year but I haven't been physically present as a volunteer at her school functions until...today. I felt like this was something I could do and since I haven't been super helpful to the ol' PTA I figured this was a good time. Well, I was wrong. Sigh. I was put in charge of the "slip n' slide" -a total nightmare. To make a long story short, I was attacked by fire ants, had a parent yell at me, had to attempt to control hundreds of kids (essentially on my own), was covered in mud, etc. etc. etc. Needless to say, this was my first and last day volunteering on field day. I feel like I need a treat after that!

I really can't believe B will graduate from kindergarten next week, that's just crazy! And HOW is she out of school already? Every other kid has at least another week! Anyhoo, I'm gonna go do something pleasant, not sure what but something. Head on over HERE to check out this family shoot! Happy weekend, all! xo

123xL

3 comments:

Kelly said...

FAIL, indeed! I wouldn't want to volunteer much outdoors in TX either...

Kemi Winn said...

Hopefully this will be something you can look back and have a good laugh over someday - except for the fire ants. (YIKES!) I bet B was so proud to have her mom there!!!

Robin said...

Field Day is always a nightmare for the adults. The kids enjoy it so much, but the adults have a lot of responsibility to keep things safe, include everyone, stop quarrels, etc. You were a trooper to volunteer, and from now on will choose something else for sure!