May 6, 2013

I'm not a wedding photographer

I'm really not a wedding photographer, I'm a family and senior portrait photographer, so for me, shooting weddings back to back weekends has me worn.out. Man, I'm tired! Maggie and Byron's wedding was so beautiful, I'm so honored to have been a part. B was the flower girl and she did a great job! It was supposed to be her and Byron's 2 year old niece walking down the aisle carrying a sign that said "here comes the bride." Little Charlotte made it out 2 feet and then freaked out and left B high and dry! Poor Brennan, you could tell she wasn't sure what to do and turned to go back and I waved her forward. She held both ends of the sign herself and walked down alone like a champ! I felt badly for not telling her what to do incase Charlotte bailed on her, I could've seen that one coming!! Sweet little girl wasn't willing in the rehearsal so I should've prepared B more for what could have happened on the big day! Anyhoo, it was a lovely day and B rocked her first wedding! One of my other darlings called me the other night, she had just gotten engaged and the excitement in her voice was palpable. My eyes filled with tears as she told me I was the first person she called. Happy sigh. That right there -doing life with these "kids," that's what its all about, that's the good stuff that I feel so honored/blessed/humbled to be a part of. So, another one of my precious kids is engaged and will be getting married next year -they're dropping like flies!!! Makes my mama's heart happy and sad all at the same time, they're growing up...sniff!!

Well, needless to say, I'm buried in senior and wedding photos and my house is a pit. T minus 19 days until vacation and I've got my work cut out for me! Hope you all had a lovely weekend, thanks for checking in on Winn life! xo

Here's a peek from Maggie and Byron's big day!

875xL

3 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

You may not think you are a wedding photographer but I have a feeling there are lots of people,like me, who think you are a a GREAT wedding photographer!

So proud of B and can hardly wait to see the pictures of her!

Anonymous said...

Kemi - you and I think so much alike and you usually get to say it first:) So I say Amen!
Really cute "teaser", Molly!
XXOO
Mom

Kelly said...

I love how you love these kiddos!