September 17, 2013

new-ish phase

Last week ended up being a bit busier than I had anticipated, not in a bad way, just busy. Houston was fun, good to get out of Waco for a bit and do something new! It was good seeing our friends who we hadn't seen in 2ish years and to watch the Astros WIN a game (wonders never cease)! We got upgraded to a suite at our hotel b/c they gave us keys to an occupied room and we walked in on some folks -DOH! We also got free breakfast out of the deal so, there's that! This week is going to be a busy one, last night Bible study was at my house, tonight is mi casa and its one of my gal's birthdays and she requested "dump cake" -should be interesting. We have friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night who we just don't see enough any more, and Adam's bff, Jeremy is in town for a few days so he's crashing at our place! Whew!

I told Adam that I keep having this uneasy feeling like I'm forgetting to do something...that feeling of going on vacation and realizing you left your garage door open, I can't shake it. With each passing day I'm coming to the realization that its just a newish phase of life for me. This is the first time EVER where I haven't had something I "have" to do. Meaning, my daughter is at school all day, I'm not working for anyone but myself and there are times during the day where I actually have...time. This is totally foreign to me and I can tell I'm not quite sure what to do about it! Its a GREAT thing, I'm not wanting to sound like I'm complaining, its just so new to me and that I almost don't know what to do with myself. And with that said, I still don't know where the hours in the day go?? The fall is always nuts for me, I'm just trying to brace myself for what's coming. Even though its 95 degrees outside fall is in the air, and I love it. With this time of year also brings the dreaded job hunt process for Adam. Sigh. You'd think after all these years I'd be used to it by now but really, I'm not. I hate the thought of moving, of more change, of starting over...it makes me tired. I want Waco to be home, I'm hopeful it can be but until that full time gig comes along, there's always that chance of a move. Boo. Well, that's the scoop for today! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you have some "me" time! Everyone needs that, but sounds like alot of fun things coming up this week. - Enjoy:)
XXOO
Mom