September 25, 2013

Not Home Yet ~ Remembering Sara

We got some tragic news yesterday, Adam's best friend (who was just in town), his sister died suddenly yesterday at age 35. They are thinking a blood clot was the cause. When things like this happen it leaves me with so many questions, thoughts, but most of all, a yearning to get home -my eternal home where there is no more sickness or dying. I am broken hearted for her husband who woke up today in an entirely different life than he had yesterday morning, for her parents who I'm sure didn't think they would have to bury their daughter, for our dear friend Jeremy who is now an only child. Just.like.that. life can change. Its all so sobering and makes you pause. At the end of every church service we all collectively stand and say together "As we approach this week may we love God, embrace beauty, and live life to the fullest." I want to actually live that out and not just say it, I want my daughter to realize there is more to life than what meets the eye. I think its hard to live in the tension of trusting that God's timing is best, you can't get too comfortable, and I firmly believe Jesus cares more about our character than our comfort. I also think this is how we're called to live, trusting that the one who created us knows best. This life is so unpredictable, and hard, and messy, I want to cling to the only one who is predictable, who doesn't ever change, who calls to the weary and says HE will give them rest. The Lord says he is near to the broken hearted, please pray for Sara's family, that they would feel the peace and love of Jesus in this excruciating time. xo