September 11, 2013

the tides have officially turned

I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I feel like since yesterday the tides have finally turned and I can feel a change in the air. I feel like this is the first time in a long time where I actually have 2 seconds to sit and breath and think and plan. When I looked at my calendar today and saw that it was completely empty, my heart took a big sigh. That's not to say I don't have a list of things to get done today but none of them are essential -such a great feeling. My computer is up and running -HOORAY! There are still a couple things I (well, probably more than a couple) that I need o figure out but all in all, I think the two of us can work well together. :) Technical issues are such a big stress for me so to feel more at ease in this regard is like an elephant being lifted off my shoulders.

We had mi casa last night, it was so good to have my kids here. I think only 3 were missing so it was a good size group last night and we laughed.so.hard. I laugh more on Tuesday nights than any other time for sure. I know I'm biased but I have the coolest Baylor students in my group and its been so fun to do life with them the past 3, going on 4 years. One of them asked me to shoot their wedding next summer, so honored. She also said she was going to ask B to be her flower girl...so sweet! I love the way these "kids" love my kid, since B is an only child its neat to see her have like 15ish older brothers and sisters who care about her so much, warms the ol' heart cockles.  One of my guys just rocked his big cpa test for grad school and he landed an amazing internship, so proud! He texted me right when his test was over to tell me he passed, said I was the first person he told, made my heart smile. Another one just had an interview for med school, he's going to be an amazing doctor one day, I just know it. Growing up before my eyes. I can't believe their seniors! I'm secretly (or not so secretly) planning renovations to the guest room to stack it with bunk beds so they can all stay forever. :) They can't leave me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well, I think that's all the news for now -hopefully Debbie Downer will be gone for a while and Smiling Susie can stick around for a good bit! Here's a peek of an engagement session I'm working on, more to come! xo



2 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

Hooray for a stress free day!

Robin said...

Can't find the 'comment' place on the Sept. 13 blog, so I'll write it here: What you need is a car with a back-up camera. I'm in the market for that when next we purchase a car.