December 5, 2013

inspired/uninspired - motivated/unmotivated

I don't know whats wrong with me -I feel like I'm caught in this weird place of being super motivated and inspired one minute and totally uninspired and unmotivated the next. Sigh. I look around my house and see chaos. I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas d├ęcor, its nice to change things up for a season and bring out pretty things that only make an appearance a short time out of the year, but the whole process of actually getting said items out of the attic, taking things down, re-arranging, putting new holes in the walls, etc. It makes me a bit nuts. Add to that our dining room being in total disarray due to my paint job and my dining room set being painted -its just all making me feel like the walls are closing in around me. Also, our dishwasher is broken and we're waiting for the new one to be installed so dishes stack up in the sink and then we do them, they dry on the counter -just more 'stuff' around making my OCD a bit off the charts. Hello first world problems! I know, I'm sure I sound ridiculous but if a girl can't vent on her own blog?....crickets...................

I'm determined to paint the rest of the dining room today, it will still need 1 more full coat but at least if it can all be the same color that should help my mental state. :) We FINALLY got our tree last night, I put the lights on this morning and B can decorate when she gets home from school. I wasn't thinking about my dining room being a disaster when I planned my little dinner party for tonight...oops. Its a friend's birthday so I'm having just a few folks over to celebrate. Not my best timing but...whatareyagonnado?

I think that's all of my ramblings for today. I'm planning to stay cozy for the rest of the week as the 75 degree day yesterday has turned into 30s for the rest of the week -BRRRR. Winter has come to Waco! I blogged another holiday mini session over HERE so check it out, yo! xo

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It's the little things that can drive me crazy too - you're not alone! I can't wait to see the changes you've made when I arrive in 15 days!