February 19, 2014

better days

Yesterday was just plain r.o.u.g.h.  -things made the turn when my mi casa kiddos came over, man I love those guys. We heard the engagement story of the lovebirds who got engaged on valentines day, and celebrated sweet Andrew's birthday. I made the chocolate/peanut butter cake that I've blogged before, it was DELISH if I do say so myself! Yesterday was just a hard day for me, I allowed myself to get caught up in the uncertainty and I was miserable, but today is a better day and I woke up feeling much more optimistic. I'm going to get out today -yesterday I was home all day and I think I need a change of scenery, some fresh air, some perspective, etc..

I did try a new recipe yesterday and it was a HUGE hit, Adam told me a million times how it was a new favorite an I should make it all the time. :) Its a crockpot Mongolian beef and I have to admit, it was pretty darn good! I'm not typically a Mongolian beef fan b/c I hate how the texture of the meat is often too tough to chew -not this time! It was so tender from marinating in the crockpot all day, I'm sure it will become a regular around here. I'll hunt down the recipe and post it soon, I took a photo of it on my ipad so I don't have the link. I need to get going b/c I'm doing another crockpot recipe for tonight and I gotta get it going or we'll be eating at midnight! More to come! xo

2 comments:

Robin said...

I hate days of waiting! You're smart to get out and refresh your mind today. Can't wait for the mongolian beef recipe. Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys hear some fantastic news today or tomorrow! Thinking of you!
xo
~rodent