April 7, 2014

2+3 = 5 ...............right?!

So this is crazy, but its also not b/c that's how God works, He is in the details. I was told by the Pasadena Unified School District that I needed to look at their website this weekend as the projections of spots filled would be posted, and they said it would give me a very good idea if B had a shot. So, this Saturday, first thing I pulled up the projections.... math has never been my strong point so I stared at the page a really long time before running downstairs to check with Adam to make sure I was understanding it all correctly.

Projected openings for 2nd grade: 5

Folks who registered by the deadline and took the spots: 2

Brennan's spot on the wait list: 3

3 + 2= 5

They haven't called me yet but if I'm doing the math correctly, Brennan is going to get the very.last.spot. at the school of our choice. WHAT?!!!! Is this for real?!!! Again, I haven't received the blessed call that will then cause me to buy a plane ticket and hop over to Cali but its looking REALLY promising. Please keep praying that this all pans out, we're SO close! I would love to move on with my life and stop dreaming about missing phone calls, re-scheduling things in my mind incase I'm out of town, etc.

When I think of B (potentially) getting the last spot it makes me chuckle a bit, this isn't the first time this has happened. When Adam and I took a big risk and up and moved to Texas out of a desire to do what was best for our family and to create a life amidst a lot of unknowns, we flew to Waco for a couple days. The goal of this little trip was to buy a house and get Brennan enrolled in pre-school. We found our dream house after 30 seconds, and Brennan got the last.spot. at the pre-school we wanted her to go to. I remember it being such a feeling of reassurance that we were doing the right thing in our leap of faith and that God would take care of the details, and He did. I had such a peace about the whole thing when I boarded the plane to go back to Oregon to pack up our life -I just knew we were doing what we were supposed to do. And now, nearly 4 years later, I think it is one of (if not "the") best things that has ever happened to our family. Leaving Texas is going to be really hard, but watching the Lord orchestrate this move is also another faith building journey and although nerve wracking to watch it unfold, such a blessing too.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers about this school business, it really has meant a lot to me. Clearly, its not a "done deal" just yet but I will keep you posted! Looking good!!! xo

Here is a peek at a senior I'm working on! More to come!

2 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

Yes, God! I am so excited to hear what He does next!

Carrie Schlafmann said...

Oh, I so love how God works and gives us reminders that He is in control. The last spot is really sweet. Praying that you'll get the call Wednesday and be able to check that BIG thing off your list (once the trip is over, etc. Congrats on getting the house under contract! That is HUGE!! We're still looking at a big clean slate -- no clue what is next, but remembering that He has always provided and will continue to do so -- thank goodness for that!
XO