July 7, 2014

a day at a time

I'm tired, and I'm tired of flying. Its been INSANE for Adam and I and I think we're both a bit weary. California was just plain stressful, it was 3 days of running all over town trying to meet with realtors, home owners, etc. to view properties. Needless to say, it was also kinda depressing...most things were super spendy and not well kept. We were in negotiations over a house we had tried to purchase a while back and after much back and forth it fell through b/c the seller wouldn't let us move in prior to escrow closing and we didn't want to be homeless for a stretch. Sigh. In hind sight I kinda wish we would've just said "fine" and lived in a hotel or something for a while. Its just hard, renting for a year, versus putting all that money into home ownership...but also, the timing being right for both -tricky. Ugh. We still don't really have a solution and haven't signed a lease yet...ay yi yi.

Well, we got back from Cali on Thursday afternoon, our luggage once again didn't make it!! This time it wasn't completely lost (like before), it just didn't make our layover in time so, we had to head back to the airport hours later which put our drive into Washington pretty late. We went straight to bed, got up early and headed to Seattle for my sister's wedding! It was a lovely afternoon and it was fun to see her looking so happy and to be a part of such a special day. Then we headed back to my parent's house for a day before driving back to Oregon. We've been here for a day and I've been doing laundry and re-packing as I head back to Texas tomorrow afternoon -whew! I am going to spend the night at yet another hotel (we've been in a lot of those lately!) in Dallas as I'll be attending a photography workshop all day on Wednesday, then that night I'll make the trek back to Waco.

I know this is just a crazy season of life but I tell ya what, I'm feeling it and am SO ready for a reprieve. Its also just really hard to work in the midst of all of this and the wedding editing seems to have no end! I'm trying to just take it a day at a time and rest when I can, thankful for the little breaks we've had here and there.

Well, I need to finish packing so I'm gonna get after it. Head on over here to see 2 weddings that I've gotten blogged! Thanks for checking in! xo

1 comment:

Robin said...

Talk about running a marathon! It's no wonder you're weary. And the little irritations - like delayed luggage - just add to the feeling. We'll keep praying for a great solution to the housing issue and also that your spirit will be sustained through the next phase. I'm excited to hear all about the photography workshop you're attending in Dallas.
Love,
Robin