July 24, 2014

shelter -3x strike out

So the big question I get asked these days is about housing -fair enough, its kinda a big deal right? Well, the truth is....we still don't know where we're going to live and yes, we are moving in 8 days. Big sigh. The good news is we have temporary housing for 2 months, the first month we're renting a super cute furnished house that we could only dream of owning, the next month we're staying in temporary housing that is akin to an old apartment. So, the clock is ticking BUT we have some time. Adam and I just didn't feel at peace about signing a year lease and being that much further out from buying, esp should the "perfect" thing come along during that time. So, we have 60 days to find a house! Its ON. We have now made offers on 3 houses and came in as the runner up every.time. This last house was the least emotional for me...it checked a lot of my "boxes" but the living room was SO tiny and the dining table space was an after thought at best. I don't think I'm being too picky, but I've made a list of must-haves which I'm going to share. :) (*each of the 3 houses we've tried to buy has been a miss on 1 of these items so I realize compromise is in order).

*At least 1000 sq ft
*some back yard space
*at least 2 toilets
*1930s or older
*decent neighborhood
*in Altadena or Pasadena
*a laundry situation that can accommodate a side by side washer/dryer and not in a horrible place (ie right next to the fridge or something lame like that)

This doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it? House #1 only had 1 bathroom but I was willing to deal with that, house #2 had the laundry outside the house and accommodated a stackable only -I was willing to deal with that but had a plan to change it, house #3 was less than 1000sq ft! Ay yi yi. I'm sure we could have gotten house #3 but we decided not to max out our budget due to the sq footage and not having a/c, the line has to be drawn somewhere I think. :/

So, we're still on the hunt and are hopeful that in the next month or so we can find a place to call home but man the real estate market down there is TOUGH!

So, that's where we're at, limbo land continues. Adam gets back into town tomorrow and then we head to Texas early on Saturday -a busy week coming up so my blogging will likely be slim to none. Thanks for checking in, as always, so appreciated. :) Head on over HERE to check out a beautiful
bride! xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this has to be stressful, but I am so excited to see how the Lord works this out for you. I don't think you're asking too much, but I hope you just KNOW when it's "the one":)
XO
Mom

Robin said...

Hurry back! I love hearing what's happening with you. And yes, the bride is beautiful.