August 9, 2014

Day 9

Well, we moved...and its been pretty crazy ever since. Leaving Texas was hard, like I knew it would be, but truth be told -the actual leaving was much easier on me then when we left Pasadena 6.5 years ago. I'm not sure what to attribute that to but I do think hiring movers and cleaners helped with a lot of the stress that comes with moving but the leaving friends/house/life part didn't throw me into the emotional tailspin that leaving CA did. Don't get me wrong, it was really hard and I don't ever want to do it again but it was bearable. I miss Texas every day but with each day I am reminded of how much I love California and am so thankful to be here. Hands down the hardest part of all of this is watching B. When my mom left on Wednesday that "vacation' feeling came to a quick end and her demeanor hasn't been the same. I miss my spunky, happy girl. :( I know it will just take time, change is hard...I get it. We went to my friend's in-laws house the other day, that was lovely. I've spent a lot of time with those folks and they welcomed B with open arms and she spent all.day.long. in their pool playing and it made this mama's heart happy. Yesterday we took her to the Getty, Adam had never been and I had only been once so it was fun to see the art and take in the gorgeous views of LA. When we got home I asked B if she wanted me to make her favorite pasta dinner or if she wanted daddy and I to take her to our favorite pizza joint, to my surprise she chose for me to make dinner -I think she wanted something familiar more than she wanted the meal, that girl never turns down pizza! She walked into the kitchen and said "it smells soooo good" and I said "does it smell like home?" and she said "yes." Sweet girl. She made 2 wishes with pennies at the Getty, she didn't tell me her wishes but said they were the same, I asked if they involved Texas and she said "yes." Sniff. I miss it too, B.

It really has been a crazy 9 days, we hit the ground running with house stuff -lots of inspections, vendors coming to the house to give bids, etc.. We are currently waiting for the sellers to respond to our list of requests as far as repairs...fingers crossed. It needs a new roof which we knew, but it also needs some major chimney repairs that are spendy! Yikes. Meanwhile I'm day dreaming about all the changes I want to make...most will have to wait but a few will get done before we move in and I can't wait to see the small transformations to make it "ours."

Our current living situation is a bit of a dream... I refer to this neighborhood as "the land of nod" -its almost magical here! The house is an absolute GEM and the folks on this street have been SO nice to us! We've had drinks with our neighbors several times already and they have brought over toys for B to play with, the neighborhood girls have asked B to play, etc. They keep saying how they're plotting to keep us on the street! I'm sold! Except...there is NO way we could afford to live here, boo! The house we're renting would sell for over a million easily...its so great. We're just trying to take in each day and be thankful for the month we get to call this place home. :) (B actually isn't a huge fan of the house (odd) and she says she likes our house that we're moving into better -glad to hear it! :). I think she's just eager to live in her own space, and I totally get that. As much as I love living here I am really really eager to have my "own" space and things surrounding me.  My girl and I are definitely two of the same in many ways.

Well, that's pretty much what's been going on with us, a lot of house details and checking out LA to show B all that it offers before she starts school. Tonight we're having dinner with friends so that will be great, really looking forward to that. Just diving back into our new life and trying to feel at home as soon as possible. Prayers for B would be so so appreciated. Thanks for checking in. xoxo

2 comments:

Robin said...

At last! I have been waiting with excited anticipation to hear an update on the beginning of the California Adventure. Praying for B.
Robin

Anonymous said...

I miss her so much - I had the bluebirds when I left:( Yes, loved being back in Pasadena!!!!! Praying B will like her new school and make new frieds quickly.
XXOO
Mom