August 21, 2014

house stuff

I get asked about the ol' house situation a lot so now is a good time for an update...since I actually have one! It's so funny to me that any one other than my mom still reads this ol' blog...but you do, so thanks for that, folks!

Okay, so, after 3 attempts we FINALLY got under contract with the 2nd house we've tried to buy here in CA. Well, the seller of this beloved little house is an investor who has never lived in the house, he just bought it, flipped it, and put it back on the market. The problem with this is, he has lots of properties like this and this house isn't his big priority -BUMMER for us. Timelines comes and go, and his motivation to do ANYTHING seems quite small to non-existent. Couple that with his realtor who seems to be eternally out of the office/on vacation and its just maddening getting any form of communication going. Well, my realtor has been casually showing me houses here and there "just incase" we can't get this deal closed. What's so crazy is I asked her to show me a new listing yesterday and she thought I was talking about a house 2 doors down (similar address so easy mistake), so, I showed up in front of the house and she was 2 doors down, so we saw both! What's crazy is I hated the house I wanted to see but was SO INTRIGUED by the house she thought I wanted to see! (I would have never even looked at it based on the HORRID photos online). Well, its a bank owned property that needs some serious work BUT, it has GREAT bones and TONS of potential. So, it got me thinking. I came home and told Adam about it, he was intrigued as well, but we are both still married to the idea of "our" house working out. Well, FINALLY yesterday the seller made SOME movement. Its looking like "our" house will end up working out but we're still waiting to make sure some things get fixed before we dive in. Its so nice having a "backup" plan though, just incase! Up until this point there hasn't been anything I would even consider making an offer on, so its nice knowing options exist (esp as we're getting down to the wire on our temporary housing situation).

So, hopefully in a matter of days we'll have a concrete plan - that would be great. A house just came up for sale on this beloved rental street of ours, sadly its listed at $799K -no can do. :( The neighbors keep telling me "did you see a house is for sale???" Um...yeah, I do SEE it but, a TAD out of our reach! Sigh...I wish!!! B has made friends on this street and its so great seeing her having fun. I let her stay up late last night b/c I couldn't bear to make her come inside and stop playing -being tired at school seemed like a way better option to me. :)

Things have gotten better as this week has progressed, but its been a tough one for me...the moving has definitely hit me and its been a big adjustment. I miss Waco every day, badly, but I love waking up to the southern CA sunshine and feeling the cool morning as I take B to school (which daddy will resume tomorrow :). Lots to be thankful for, but allowing myself to be sad and feel the weight of this move too, as one of my friends put it "if you weren't sad then that means you didn't truly LIVE in Waco." Agreed. xo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER, STEPHANIE!! 40 AND FABULOUS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by this new possibility - pray every day for just the right house for you!!!
Brennan DID sound happy when I talked to her yesterday so that made ME happy! I love this blog - helps me feel connected when we don't talk for a few days:)
XXOO
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out Mol!
Glad the house issues seem to be working themselves out. I can't wait to come visit and see whatever house you DO end up in! :)

xo
Rodent