August 27, 2014

its ALMOST a done deal

Well, after MUCH back and forth we finally got some good news today -the seller of the house we're in escrow on has agreed to some of our terms! Hooray! It looks like this house will close after all and I think we're ALL thrilled! That was a LONG process! I'm so relieved, I can't wait to get in there!

Not too much to report other than that, we're in our last handful of days in this sweet rental home, B is plugging along at school and I'm not as emotional as last week so -a win on lots of fronts! I finally finished the wedding I've been working on...it was good for me. I needed a project, a distraction, and something familiar in these last few weeks, this wedding was a blessing to me in a lot of ways. It was also bittersweet because it was my last wedding in Waco (well, as a resident anyway) and it was in my church...I found myself getting nostalgic and homesick as I worked my way thru these images but it was cathartic too. Sigh. Moving is hard.

We tried a new church this past week, leaps and bounds better than our previous experience here but still a far cry from what we're after. The pastor was on vacation so I think we're in agreement it deserves another go. Today B and I are meeting some friends for ice cream after school, looking forward to that. :) Baby steps toward normalcy over here, thanks for checking in. Now, head on over HERE to see a wedding I just blogged! xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy things are moving in the right direction:) - love the wedding pics!
XXOO
Mom