August 19, 2014

today was better

Well, I just did drop off #2 and today was a better morning, I didn't even cry! (probably b/c I'm all cried out after yesterday...3 hours straight will do that to ya). B said her first day was "good" -she said she didn't meet any one new and she played alone at recess but she said that was "okay" too. She went to her first gymnastics session yesterday and I think that was really good for her! They wanted to see what skills she has so they know which class to place her in. I think it made her feel really good that they said she was "so close to moving up to the next level" -they want her to take a couple more beginner classes and then they'll move her up to the next class which she is pumped about. I think its safe to say yesterday was way harder on me than her, I just keep praying she'll meet at least 1 new friend soon. Sigh. I also think yesterday was so hard for me b/c I'm also dealing with my own feelings and sadness about our move. Its been so nuts since we left Waco and I don't think I've had too much time to process my own sadness about leaving. I LOVED Waco and would have been happy to stay there forever, so I need to grieve and allow myself to feel sad and miss my friends, home, church, etc.. As good as it is to resume life with my "old" friends, there is still a lot of heartache there about leaving a place I love so much and that's okay. This move is a big adjustment for all of us, it was weird not having Adam home until around 5pm last night! I know that's how a lot (if not most) of how the world works, but we've never had traditional schedules like this so, its going to take some getting used to. I heard B tell Adam this morning "I hardly saw you yesterday" and I'm sure it feels like that! We're used to Adam being home all the time with us, even though he's in his office working he's still present and we both miss him.

In other house news...........we still have NONE. Ay yi yi, we STILL have nothing in writing from the seller about the "fixes" we requested so that is just maddening. We are really hopeful this sale will go through, but this waiting is pretty much torture. Meanwhile we have 12 more days in this house, its been a soft place to land and we're thankful for it, but also ready to move on. Life in the in between is just plain hard.

Well, I've been neglecting a wedding that I NEED to get after today so I'm gonna go do that. Thanks for checking in and for your prayers for B, means a lot. xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have been praying for you all - especially that Brennan would make at least one new friend this week - so glad you were able to get her into a gymnastics class so soon!
Because of your moves, you have friends not only in the States, but in Europe as well!
All will work out - know you want to "nest", and that will come soon.
XXOO
Momsipoo