September 26, 2014

I'm still alive....barely

Well, its been a week. I.am.so.tired. Pretty much all I've done all day every day is paint. I have a huge blister on my finger where the brush rests and my body is covered in paint. I scrub off in the shower every day and ye,t without fail, I've missed like 5 spots each time. Sigh. Today is probably the most optimistic I've felt in a loooooong time. The dry wall that got ripped out so the washer/dryer plumbing could go in got fixed today! They need to come out 1 more time to finish it up and then I need to re-paint it and the hardwood floors go in on Monday! Whew! We were supposed to move in tomorrow but the plumber couldn't come out until today to finish up so we just couldn't get it together in time. Honestly, I'm a little relieved. The house is so dirty and I'm looking forward to having some time to clean and get it ready for stuff to be moved in. Tomorrow I will finish painting a small section that is left of the kitchen, the baseboards in the master and I'll paint a part of the bathrooms that will need to get done before the electrician can install the new fixtures on Monday. Whew! I'm SO looking forward to the painting being done!! We finally hired a gardner and he starts Monday -and not a moment too soon! The sellers stopped the lawn service the second the house closed and we haven't had time to do anything about it so its an over-grown mess! I'm sure the neighbors aren't too thrilled with the new folks so far! All in all the house is really coming together and I'm so pleased with how its all turned out, its exciting to see the transformation. Unfortunately the plumbing situation was quite a bit more expensive that we had budgeted so no work will get done on the bathrooms -big bummer. I'll need to wait a while to dive into those projects b/c I know when the time comes, its going to be spendy! (why are bathrooms so much money?!!). After the floors in the office are done and all the light fixtures are installed on Monday, the only things left for what we're doing now is replacing the sliding doors with French doors and getting a new front door for the house (the current one is so ugly!). I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm SO thankful. We are all ready to move in and get real life started, its been a long time coming. Thanks for checking in, I really hope to get some photos soon! xo

1 comment:

Kemi Winn said...

You must be exhausted!!! Hopefully Adam has been able to help with the painting. Bet it's going to be beautiful! Looking forward to the pictures.