February 16, 2015

4 day weekend

This weekend was so fun! Friday B had off school so the 2 of us went with my friend Sara and her 3 kiddos to this fun trampoline place where the kiddos jumped their hearts out, we got ice cream and went to Costco to grab hot dogs before meeting up with our husbands (who both work at APU) and we all watched APU's first baseball game of the season! 3 of the 4 of us went to APU so it was fun to be on campus rooting the cougars onto victory! Saturday morning my sweet valentines cuddled in bed with me and we opened our sweet treats from each other and then I made pancakes before heading to Glendora to meet with a bride to go over her wedding timeline. Later that afternoon I decorated the table and got my "LOVE" lights turned on for our dear friends that came over. We ordered take out from our favorite Thai restaurant, my sweet friend made raspberry mojitos and we had such a fun night hanging out while the kiddos jumped in the backyard  -a great way to spend valentines day! Sunday we went to church, came home, hung out for a little bit before dropping B off at a birthday party, then Adam and I went to our pastor's house for a super fun afternoon of lunching outside with new friends. 8 of us had a great time talking and getting to know each other, there were many laughs and I look forward to more time with our new friends. We came home just in time for cousin Kyle to come over and spend the evening with us. We sat on the porch and chatted, jumped on the trampoline and had leftover Thai food for dinner. :) Good family time! It was a BUSY weekend but so so fun, the weather was AMAZING and we were just enjoying the long weekend. Today we were thinking of going to the beach but I think B decided she'd rather stick around here and go to a movie and get some lunch, so a chill day with our little family of 3 it is! The countdown is officially ON for our vacation next week! T-6 days until Cabo and we can't wait!!! I've got lots of cleaning to do before my sweet in-laws come next week, I've been too busy playing to do much of that! :) Thanks for checking in, hope everyone is enjoying a lovely holiday today! xo

3 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

I don't think I know family who has a more active social calendar than yours! It all sounds like so much fun. How nice that you got to spend time with your new pastor and other church others from your new church.
We are beginning the countdown too! Getting excited!

Don't work to hard. Leave something for me to do whole B is in school

Kemi Winn said...

Oops! Should have proofread before I posted.

Robin said...

What a fun week-end. The bumps and lumps of moving seem to be in your rear view mirror. Praise God for adjustment and calmer waters - although active!