August 25, 2015

baked garlic chicken & a car accident

I'm up and at 'em early this morning (grrr). Adam didn't sleep too well last night which meant I didn't sleep too well last night. Sigh. We were both up at the 5 o' clock hour (I can hear my mom gasping from here) so I'm starting my day tired. Yesterday I got some good time in with one of my oldest and bestest friends, the Lord saw fit to make her my roommate my freshman year of college and I've been thanking him for that move ever since. A couple of my closest friends are in the mental health profession so, I get some "free" therapy from time to time and that's not a bad thing! :) Always worthwhile to do some processing and get some good feedback and accountability, extra thankful for my sweet friends today.

On my way home from orange county I got rear ended on the freeway. Big sigh. Thankfully it wasn't bad, my car is only scratched and my headache is gone. The 18 year old moron that hit me was your typical disaster as far as who you "want" to get hit by -no drivers license on him "my wallet just got stolen" (as he pulls out a well used looking wallet), he "just bought this car 2 days ago so he doesn't have his insurance paperwork with him but if I call his sister's boyfriend named Sean at this car dealership number he can tell me what I need to know." Ay yi yi. Thankfully I don't think I'll be needing to follow up w/ insurance stuff but man, of all the people to hit me!!

In other news, I haven't been to the store in a while so its bare bones in this house, so when I was trying to make dinner last night I was scouring the internets for recipes based on ingredients I had. The good thing about this method is you can end up w/ some great recipes that you may not have otherwise tried! I tried this really easy garlic chicken recipe that was a bit hit! Even B liked it -SCORE. I did the recipe a tad differently that the verbatim instructions so I'll share my version, preheat the oven to 400, put 4 chicken breasts on a piece of parchment paper on a pan (easier clean up), sprinkle the breasts w/ salt and pepper, mix together 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup parm cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder and rub on breasts, bake for 20 mins, take out, sprinkle each breast w/ about 1 tsp of herbed bread crumbs, put back in the oven for another 15-20 mins and voila! Super easy and really good. I'm weird about texture and the texture of the baked on mayo mixture is perfect, I'd highly recommend!

Sadly that's all the news I got today, nothing too exciting around these here parts this week. I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday, and hopefully you didn't wake up in the 5 o' clock hour. xo

3 comments:

Kemi Winn said...

So glad you got some good friend time in but sorry about the accident. The guy that hit you sounds totally irresponsible!

Jen said...

Car accident too? Ay yi yi. I hope September is better my dear.

Stephanie Waters said...

I’m sorry to hear about your car accident. Cars and teenagers should be banned. I do not let my teen son and daughter drive after dark, without adult supervision. Teens are just too highly attention deficit for driving. They've got to talk on the cell-phone, text, fix their hair, and fix their makeup. I am thankful that you are okay.