August 3, 2015

I blinked, and its August

A while back I remember thinking "August will be here before I know it" -and that happened! I can't believe B only has 2 weeks left of summer, it really did fly by! Whew, it has been a busy week around here! Our sweet friends the Millers have been in town with us the last several days, its been so fun lounging in our pjs and chatting the day away, going out to yummy restaurants, the boys toured the Rose Bowl one day and the gals hung out and chatted for hours. It was so fun to have long time friends here and to just soak up each others company. I had to be up and at 'em Saturday morning as I was helping to host a baby shower for my long time friend, Jen. And of course wouldn't you know it, I had just arrived to the shower location around 7:20am, I bent over to put my fruit tarts in the fridge and...right when I stood up I knew....I threw my back out. BIG SIGH. Not only was the timing horrible as I had just started a very long day but I was instantly paranoid that I would be in the same place I was a year ago (May) when I threw my back out and the panic set it. Thankfully I've started carrying my drugs with me at all times so I popped some pills and tried not to bend too much the rest of the day. Well, needless to say, after being on my feet/throwing a shower/setting up/tearing down for 8 hours I was WIPED when I got home. So, the past day or so I've been on drugs, flat on my back, on the couch. BIG bummer. Thankfully its a low key week around here so I can just rest up, and thankfully since I got on my meds so quickly this set back hasn't been anywhere near the severity of the "last" time. So, that's that. :/

The shower for my friend was lovely, about 50 gals came to welcome a sweet baby boy that's on the way, my friend has waited a long time for this phase of life and it was so neat to see all the support and love for this soon to be family of three. Thankful to have been a part.

Like I said, this week is pretty chill (finally and thank goodness!), we have some social things planned but nothing too nuts, just winding down our busy summer and starting to prepare for back to school. August 1st marked our 1 year of living here (well, for this second time of living here :) and that seems kinda crazy to me. We did it, one whole year of California life..it went fast for sure, it wasn't my favorite year of all time by any stretch but I do see God's faithfulness to us in this journey and I'm thankful for that. Here we go, year 2! I've still got wedding editing to get done so that's whats on tap for me today, hope everyone has a lovely Monday! xo

No comments: