November 2, 2015

My Girl is 9

Today my sweet girl turns 9, I can't believe it! I have a third grader who is NINE. Its so weird living back in Pasadena, where B was born 9 years ago. Having moved away for so long and now to live here again, its all so nuts. I remember certain things about her birth week so vividly and other things not as much. I always write things about B as she is now so I won't forget so I'm going to do that again this year of course. :)

B, you are still so tall! We both get asked all the time if you're tall for your age, I think we're kinda used to it now. It doesn't seem to bother you and I'm so glad, I was always the tallest in my class too so I guess the apple doesn't fall far. You're still a string bean! The other day I bought you a skirt in a size 5 b/c your waist is so tiny! You are as beautiful as ever and I often get told that you should be a model (I kinda agree! :). Your teeth have grown in and it makes you look so much older/different! So far they are looking really straight so your dad and I have our fingers crossed for no braces! :) You haven't changed your opinions much, which is also like me, you know what you like and what you don't and that pretty much stays the same. You still hate shoes, which continues to make me nuts, trying to find a pair you will wear is exhausting! And you are still a pretty picky eater, you eat what I make but you definitely have opinions about it. Roasted veggies with chicken is one of your favorite dinners these days, and tacos. Jimmy Johns and Little Caesars are still your go-tos for fast food, and you still love the salad at Olive Garden. For your 9th birthday this year you decided you wanted to take just a couple close friends to the American Girl doll store, so that's what we did! So far it seems you're enjoying your 3rd grade year pretty well but you still long to move back to Waco. We talk about Texas a lot and you often tell me how much you miss our house and how it will always be the best house. You are still as sweet as ever and have such a tender heart. I'm so proud of the person you are. I can honestly say I've never seen you be intentionally mean to another person, you are always trying to include others and it makes my heart swell with pride. You got an award in school last year for always doing your best and being a good friend to your classmates, this year on your evaluation from your teacher she commented on what a good friend to others you are. I cannot tell you how much this means to me, I know I wouldn't be anywhere in this life without my friends and if I can teach you how to love Jesus and others well, I'll have done what I set out to do. Life can be really hard B, but showing up for others is so much of what this life is about, and the fruits of that will be so rewarding. Today my baby girl turns 9, we are at the halfway point to adulthood, if you keep on in the direction your headed, I see so many good things in store for you, precious girl. Happy 9th birthday, Brennan Grace, daddy and I love you beyond measure. xo

1 comment:

Kemi Winn said...

Can't wait to give her a belated birthday hug!!!