January 4, 2016

2015 Highlights/Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe this will be my 9th year of blogging here on this little corner of the web, wow! I hope everyone had a nice holiday break, we sure did! It was so nice to be in the NW visiting family and relaxing, and then to have some time back at home hanging out with friends and resuming normal life before school started today (which came too early and I wanted to throw the alarm across the room!). I do love the fresh start of a new year, I like the idea of a clean slate and starting a new season with hope for what's to come.

If you've been reading my blog then its probably not a secret that 2015 was not my most favorite year...by a mile, but it was also a year of good things too. I think that's how life often is, some good with some bad, and you just hope and pray there is more good than bad. I want to focus on the good things that 2015 brought so I'm going to do that, I often do a list of highlights of the good and the bad but this year, I'm choosing to just focus on the good here:

*numerous dinner parties with dear friends

*lots of company that came to visit us and stayed at the Winn Cali Cottage

*spending a glorious week in Cabo with some of our favorite people

*a weekend at the beach with sweet friends

*going to see Britney Spears with cousin Mike in Vegas

*going on a fabulous cruise with 2 of our besties to Mexico

*one of my life-long best friends coming to visit and getting 3 whole days with her all to myself

*the numerous visits to Texas to visit friends

*the several nights at the Cal Phil with our good friends

*going to see my all-time favorite band Toad the Wet Sprocket with Adam

*going to Denver, CO to see Taylor Swift with a Waco friend who had also recently moved

*our annual trip with Doug, Kemi and cousin Mike to root the Ducks onto victory in Boulder, CO

*B turning 9 and having her party at the American Girl doll store in LA

*spending my birthday weekend in Palm Springs with my sister, bro-in-law and Adam

*buying last minute Justin Bieber tickets and rocking out at the Staples Center with my little family

*the many coffee dates, lunch dates, Bible study mornings, etc. with sweet friends who enrich my life and continually remind me what life is really about

2015, I'm not at all sad to see you go but thank you for all that you brought, the good, the bad, and the ugly, I know some years are just harder than others and this was one of mine, but cheers to 2016! Happy New Year, all! xo

1 comment:

Robin said...

May 2016 bless you with many good things, Molly, through the grace of Jesus.