January 19, 2016

annnnd still rough....

Man, so far 2016 is NOT my favorite year! We've had some tough stuff going on in this house, I won't over-share here, but its been a hard year so far. Our most current situation seems to be a bathroom issue. Sigh. There seems to be a weird smell from the shower, after doing some research online our best guess is that some plywood has gotten wet, so we'll need to get a plumber out here (AGAIN) and I imagine we'll watch more money fly out the windows. Ah, the joys of home ownership! Today is Adam's first day back to work since mid December (the professor life is a good life :), and B's first day back after a long weekend, its kinda nice to have the house to myself. :) This weekend was good! Aunt Robin and Uncle Lawrence were in town visiting for several days, Aunt Robin and I did some shopping (I ended up scoring a great deal of the comfy-ist couch EVER!) and we ate yummy food and had some great talks. Saturday we all went out to Moreno Valley and I helped to host an engagement party for our cousin and his new fiancée -so fun! Sunday we had a lazy day, we all hung out in our pjs, watched some football, ate grilled cheese sandwiches and just relaxed. This week is kinda busy for me, it involves a secret so I can't say much at this point but the ol' blog will be quiet for a few days. :) I hope everyone's 2016 is off to a better start than ours! Cheers to brighter days ahead! xo

1 comment:

Robin said...

Bummer about the bathroom! I didn't smell anything....... :)