April 17, 2017

good Easter

Yesterday was good, like, really good. When I was at church I kept thinking how there was literally nowhere else on the planet I wanted to be other than where I was in that exact moment. Our worship pastor wears black every day, 364 days a year, with Easter being the exception -on Easter he wears a white shirt which in and of itself is meaningful if you know him. He spends a lot of time preparing for Sunday morning and picks/writes songs with really profound lyrics that tie into the rest of the service and make it really meaningful, and yesterday was just BEYOND. Here is a fraction of the first song we sang:


"I remember how they scorned the son of Mary
He was gentle as a lamb, gentle as a lamb
He was beaten, he was crucified and buried
and in the night, my hope was gone

but the rulers of this earth could not control Him
they did not take His life, He laid it down
and the gates of Hell could never hope to hold him
so, in the night my hope lives on"

and then Jamie screamed the lyrics :

                                      OH, IN THE NIGHT
                                      OH, IN THE NIGHT
                                      OH, IN THE NIGHT MY HOPE LIVES ON


It was loud, and profound, and meaningful, and gave me chills and reminded me of the truth. Because He rose I don't have to be afraid of what the future holds because He keeps His promises. He said he would rise and He did, He said He will make all things new and He will....one day.

After church we came home and heated up the ham and headed to our friend's house where a group of us ate together and celebrated our risen King. And that was good. Then we came home and rested for an hour and joined some friends at their house where a lot of kids hunted eggs and the adults chatted into the night, and that was really good. I chatted with some new-ish Wacoans and that was SO fun, turns out they lived in WA/OR a long time and we know a lot of the same people, they too worked for Young Life and it was determined that while I was in high school my YL leader met with this guy and likely prayed for me. That was a neat realization. I love the body of Christ, the way it binds people together, the connections that are made, the way friends become family and make life so full. I hope everyone out there had a lovely Easter too, and were reminded of how much you are loved that Jesus died and rose just for you. xo

No comments: