April 14, 2017

Good Friday

Happy Good Friday, all! It's close to resurrection time and that feels really good. Our church does the season of Lent really well and we've been in the darkness for a while, which has seemed very fitting to me as I've had some personal darkness I've been wading through and I've been walking through some really heavy darkness with some dear to me. After this pretty decent timed season of Lent I'm always ready for the good news of the resurrection, and this year its especially poignant. The other day B said to me that Easter was her second favorite holiday (which I think is pretty great), after all people have debated for years and years which is more important -the birth of Christ or His resurrection? That's tough. B listed a whole set of reasons she loved Easter, Jesus rising wasn't #1 but it also wasn't last so I'm going to call that a win. :) Sweet girl.

The weather in Waco right now is my least favorite kind, its hot, a bit humid, but also cloudy and occasionally we have thunderstorms. The big bummer about this is that its hard to dress for this weather, but it also puts a damper on Easter plans. Our friend was going to host but her yard is a soggy mess from the downpour, we can't host b/c our house isn't done (obviously) and the house we're staying in has boxes all over b/c I had to start ordering plumbing fixtures b/c even though we're nowhere near needing the fixtures, the plumbers needed the rough-in valves that come WITH the fixtures. So, it means our house looks like a hot mess until all these things are needed -  not very conducive to hosting. One more reason I can't wait to move into my house -space to host whenever! I definitely designed my great room/kitchen space w/ hosting in mind - can't wait to put it to good use!

Our windows and doors are the big hold up right now -they weren't ordered in a timely manner and you can't do much of anything w/out those in. Whenever it rains the inside of my house gets so soggy and I hate it! It takes days to dry out and I keep thinking that can't be good! Obviously people build in wet climates everyday but it makes me nuts! Also, because our house has such a steep slope getting down to it. the workers trucks get stuck in the mud so they don't work at least 1 day after it rains either. Boo. We'll get there.

Well, its a busy few days over here w/ a baby shower in Dallas for one of my precious mi casa gals, Easter, baking a cheesecake and a bundt cake, dinner w/ friends, etc. Hope you all have a lovely weekend and a very Happy Easter!! He is risen indeed! xo


No comments: